Poor vision affects your life. With up-to-date diagnostic technologies and specialist advice and treatment for your eye conditions, we help to improve or maintain your vision and quality of life.
Dr Loh Boon Kwang （罗文光眼专科医生）is an experienced senior consultant eye specialist, and an accredited cataract and vitreoretinal surgeon trained in Singapore and USA.
Supported by a team of experienced and highly qualified optometrists, our clinic in Novena (inside Mt Elizabeth Novena Hospital building) has established itself as a trusted, professional and affordable specialist Eye & Retina Centre for adult and child eye conditions.
We offer fast, efficient and friendly service for eye check-up and treatment of a wide range of eye conditions for adult and children.
Our doctor and staff are well versed in English, Mandarin and some Chinese dialects.
To cater to varying budgets, Dr Loh can perform surgeries and see inpatient cases at several private hospitals, including Farrer Park Hospital, Mt Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Mt Elizabeth Hospital Orchard. More about Dr Loh
Our clinic sees patients with or without insurance plans. See here for our Specialist Insurance panels.
We have eye check/ surgery packages for patients with no insurance coverage.
* From 20 Sep 2018, our clinic has moved to a bigger unit in the same building (located close to lift lobby). Clinic charges remain the same. *
Our Services – For Adults
- Cataract related conditions:
- (Glare/ blur vision) Cataract eye check & surgery
- (Post cataract blur vision) Posterior capsule opacification (PCO) eye check & laser
- Secondary lens exchange/ implant
- Displaced/ dislocated lens implant
- Retinal conditions eye check & treatment:
- Diabetes Eye Screening, diabetic eye check & treatment of eye conditions associated with diabetes (e.g. diabetic retinopathy, diabetic macular edema, vitreous haemorrhage/ internal eye bleeding, retina detachment) – injection, laser, surgery
- (Floater/ Flashes/ Curtain blocking vision/ sudden loss of vision/ distorted vision) Eye check-up & treatment for:
- Retinal tear/ retinal detachment (laser, surgery – vitrectomy, scleral buckle, cryotherapy)
- Retina vein occlusion
- Central serous retinopathy (CSR)/ central serous chorioretinopathy (CSCR) – laser of retina, photodynamic therapy
- (Central blur vision/ distorted vision) Macula conditions eye check & treatment:
- Epiretinal membrane (ERM)
- Myopic maculopathy
- macular hole
- macular detachment
- choroidal neovascularisation
- maculoschisis/ foveoschisis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy – injection, laser of retina, photodynamic therapy
- retinal angiomatous proliferation
- Vitrectomy surgery for dislocated/ displaced lens implant
- Glaucoma eye check & treatment
- Eyelid condition eye check & treatment
- Eyelid lump/ chalazion/ stye/ cyst/ mole – incision & draining procedure under local anaesthesia in clinic or under sedation in operating theatre.
- Eyelid injury/ Laceration Repair
- Trichiasis (eyelash touching eye)
- Treatment of other eye conditions
- Pterygium excision & conjunctival graft
- Conjunctival cyst excision
- Eye infection (conjunctivitis, meibomitis, cornea infection)
- Removal of Foreign body, removal of contact lens
Our Services – For Children
- Child vision check
- Myopia control
- Pediatric retinal conditions – eye check & treatment
- Retinal detachment
- Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
- Coat’s disease
- Familial Exudative Vitreoretinopathy (FEVR)
- X-linked Retinoschisis
- Persistent Fetal Vasculature
- Inherited retinal diseases
General Services by Optometrists
- Eye Screening Test
- Spectacle Prescription Test